At Venta, we believe that an excellent education includes classroom instruction and much, much more!
For a child to develop socially, it is important to learn how to listen to and interact with others. These skills must be acquired and practiced on a daily basis. Social learning outside the classroom results in positive changes in classroom performance.
All extracurricular activities are planned with this goal in mind!
Extracurricular Activities Include:
- Drama productions
- Inter-school sports
- Intramural sports
- Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Science Fair
- Public speaking competitions
- Art exhibitions/competitions
- Community service
- Venta Vipers Running Club
- NCSSA (National Capital Secondary School Athletic Association)
- Fundraising for local charities
Throughout the year, Venta students participate in a variety of trips and activities that complement the Venta educational programme.
Some trips our students have taken include:
- Europe (senior students)
- Annual, three day ski trip to Mount Titus – Malone, New York. (every child in the school from grade three and above participates)
- Trip to Montreal as part of the French programme
- Dog sledding
- Canoe trip